Minety Village Hall is a community facility that has been in use since 1932. The land was originally donated by Mr Havilah Miles, a local builder and contractor with additional land granted in 1963 by John Miles. The original wooden village hall was replaced by the building you see today. It is an important community building and is the venue for a wide range of activities catering for all ages. It is also used for official purposes such as a polling station for national and local elections. The village hall is a great place to hold receptions and parties and with the large stage is ideal for organised entertainment such as bands, dancers and plays. The village hall has a license which allows for music to be played until midnight and there is a PA system available to hire. There is a large car park at the rear of the hall.
The main hall is 29 foot wide and about 60 foot long. There is a large easily accessible entrance hall, ladies, gents and an accessible toilet with baby changing facilities, a kitchen with a cooker and fridge. There is a large stage at the end of the hall. The hall can accommodate 110 people seated at tables or 220 people seated in rows (theatre style).
The Hall has benefited from grants from the National Lottery and there have been other grants and donations received from time to time from other organisations. With this financial support and a lot of hard work from the Committee Members and others helpers in the village, the hall has benefited from significant refurbishment work, including improved access and facilities for people with disabilities and improvements that benefit all users of the hall. The most recent major improvement has been the upgrade of the main hall heating system using a more efficient air source heat pump system.
The hall has been used for wedding receptions and the photo below shows what a magical environment can be achieved.